This prestigious racquet and leisure club instructed us to carry out a variety of landscape improvement works during March and April this year to complement the opening of their new indoor tennis centre and squash courts, new clubhouse and 2,500 seater grass show court. Works included the planting of ornamental shrubs and trees of girth 18-20 cm at two car parks and the seeding and planting of two feature woodland areas. This planting consisted primarily of Rhododendron, Azalea and a variety of bulbs. Pathways were also constructed and Whiting are to maintain the scheme for twelve months.
The origins of Edgbaston Priory Club, located in a conservation area less than a mile from the centre of Birmingham, date back around 130 years to the very birth of lawn tennis. The club as it is known today was formed in December 1964 as a result of a merger between Edgbaston Cricket and Lawn Tennis Club, founded in 1878, and Priory Lawn Tennis Club, founded in 1875. This peaceful haven, situated just 5 minutes from the City Centre, has proved to be one of the largest and most popular racquet clubs in the country.